Win tickets to Shadow of the City Festival featuring The 1975, BORNS, Carly Rae Jepsen, and more

Spring is in the air and summer festival season is just around the corner. While many are making the trek to multi-day, destination festivals, there are plenty of cool local options to explore as well. One such option is the Shadow of the City Festival on June 18th in Seaside Heights, NJ.

Founded by Grammy award-winning musician, Jack Antonoff, the lineup for this year includes: The 1975, Børns, Carly Rae Jepsen, Hana, Shamir, Bishop Briggs, Frnkiero and the Cellabration, and last but certainly not least, Antonoff’s first band, Steel Train.

Now in its second year, Antonoff says the reason he started the festival in Seaside Heights was to “bring a music festival to the shadow of the city,” to music fans who have to travel to a bigger city when their town “gets skipped over.”

Want to win a pair of tickets for Shadow of the City this year? Comment below with your favorite thing about summer music festivals to enter. You have from now until Monday, May 9th at 5PM EST.

In the meantime, check out some music below from some of the artists performing!

The 1975

Børns

Carly Rae Jepsen

Steel Train

18 Comments

1. Joanne Seip

April 24, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Everyone is in a good mood!

2. Bonnie

April 24, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Summer festivals are so great because I can see a wider variety of bands than I normally would. It’s nice when you have time to see a band you’ve never heard of and they end up becoming one of your favorites!

3. Emily Mineo

April 24, 2016 at 10:39 pm

My favorite thing about summer music festivals is seeing the artists perform live in the energy of an entire whirlwind of people and music

4. Chrissy

April 24, 2016 at 11:08 pm

The “summer” part – so ready for warmer weather!

5. Victoria

April 25, 2016 at 7:22 am

My favorite thing about summer music festivals is that not only the sun and warmth surrounds you, so does the music.

6. Michele

April 25, 2016 at 9:52 pm

My favorite thing about summer music festivals is being able to listen to the music outside and be surrounded by tons of people. There’s always more things to do at music festivals than there are at regular concerts.

7. Anna

April 27, 2016 at 11:22 am

I love getting to enjoy music outside instead of sweaty clubs during the hot months.

8. Rakiyah

April 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm

The amazing music with friends and family

9. Charlene

May 1, 2016 at 9:43 pm

My favorite thing about summer festivals is the feeling. The feeling of just feeling free. Free from everything. All my worries are gone with I’m at a festival. For the time that I am at a summer festival soaking up the sun I just feel pure happiness. That’s my favorite thing.

10. Carlota Hernandez

May 2, 2016 at 9:20 am

My favorite thing about summer music festivals is the engery and being around people who are into the same music as you and having a unforgettable experience that will last a life time

11. Carlota Hernandez

May 2, 2016 at 9:23 am

I’ve never been so a music festival but I imagine it’s a unforgettable time

12. Kim Yap

May 3, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I love the summer nights! Fireworks, the beach, and good company! Concerts and festivals add to the excitement!

13. Kim Yap

May 3, 2016 at 3:27 pm

The music is fun and I make a connection with the artists I have been listening to year round!

14. Hannah

May 4, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Favorite part of summer music festivals?
    Definitely a tie between the variety of music I can listen to & being able to enjoy being outside at the same time!

15. Joanne seip

May 4, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Hanging in the sun with fellow music fans!!

16. Elissa Goldberg

May 4, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Spending the day withat like minded people listening to great music!

17. Cayleigh Shuey

May 6, 2016 at 12:43 pm

There are so many great things about summer music festivals from the atmosphere of the outdoors to the energy of the crowd but I think the best past is discovering new music and artists!

18. presley turner

May 8, 2016 at 8:57 pm

my favorite thing about summer music festivals is the unity. i love to see my favorite artists with others who are putting themselves through the heat to see their favorite band(s) with people just like them! i love the atmosphere and meeting new people who have similar musical interests as me! and it’s one of the few times i’ll spend a whole day outside in the summer 🙂