All Photography: Brittany Salerno
This post was made possible by Skype.
There is no “i” in “frends.” That is an important lesson I learned this past weekend at the Frendly Gathering in Vermont. In my life thus far, I have been to countless music festivals but something set this one apart. Was it the idyllic setting? The impeccable music lineup? The “frendly” vibes? All of the above? I can’t put my finger on exactly why the Frendly Gathering was so magical but it was. Here are our top 7 moments:
- Hearing Mariachi Flor del Toloache for the first time. These ladies seriously are the best thing since sliced bread. They even did Mariachi-infused Nirvana covers!
- Hanging out in the “Frendship” and rockin’ out to new bands in an intimate setting. I was even able to share the moment with my friend in Spain over Skype! Oh, technology. 🙂
3. Making my first flower crown with the help of a new “frend.”
4. Groovin’ to Madaila! These guys know how to R-O-C-K.
5. Hanging out with Madaila’s dad! This festival is so homegrown and rootsy, everyone is like one big family. Where else could you meet the headlining band’s pops?
6. Supporting Philly music! Son Little KILLED it. Making our city proud.
7. Looking forward to next year! I’m already planning my trip. Sun, fun, nature and superb jams? There’s nowhere we’d rather be.
What were your favorite moments from Frendly Gathering this year? Tell us in the comments below!
See even more photos in our gallery: