Win Tickets to see Coheed and Cambria on 9/24!

Starting out in 2002, Coheed and Cambria has the defining characteristic of an entire concept discography. Beginning with their debut album The Second Stage Turbine Blade and continuing through to last years The Afterman: Descension, each subsequent album has been a different portion of the overarching saga of Coheed and Cambria, which they have fleshed out with the release of a comic book series penned by frontman Claudio Sanchez.

This year is the 10-year anniversary of their breakthrough sophomore album In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. To celebrate, Coheed is embarking on what they call a “Neverender” tour – playing the album in its entirety, along with some other secret bonus goodies, to make for one amazing night.

Fortunately for us they’re bringing the Neverender tour to the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby on September 24th.

Wanna go?

Rock On Philly is giving away a pair of tickets, courtesy of Live Nation to one lucky Coheed fan!  That means you – yes, you – and a friend could be seeing this amazing band!

What do you have to do to get in? Simple.

Comment on this post answering a simple question:

“In your own words, what makes Coheed and Cambria such a great band?”

…that’s it!

The contest will run from Sunday, August 31st at 7PM EST to Friday, September 5th at 7PM EST!

Follow us on Twitter @RockOnPhillyMAG for all the latest Philly music updates, more ticket giveaways, and to find out if you won!

And of course, you can also buy tickets here!

Good luck!

Image courtesy of the band’s Facebook

24 Comments

1. Tous

August 29, 2014 at 10:35 am

Their versatility in style is what makes them a great band, in my opinion. Love that they have tons of stuff that don’t all sound the same

• Tous

September 2, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Not sure if my initial comment counted since I posted 2 days before the contest began so I’m posting again to be eligible!

2. B

August 29, 2014 at 12:58 pm

They’re the only band(of my knowledge) to have a concept catalog of music.

3. Zachary Thompson

August 29, 2014 at 3:39 pm

The greatest band ever is coming back to PA, and local to my area. I discovered these guys through a good friend of mine and haven’t stopped jamming to them since. Beautiful music that I can really connect with. If you haven’t listened to the story of this amazing universe created by Claudio, you don’t know what you’re missing

4. Christa

August 29, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Their combination of dark sci fi story elements with cheerful sounding pop rock. Stretches the imagination

5. TK

September 2, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Their unique approach and genre bending sound makes them memorable.

6. Justin struble

September 2, 2014 at 10:59 pm

They’re still a band producing the music they want a decade+ into their careers.

7. Mike Novak

September 2, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Coheed and Cambria have been combining the musicianship of progressive rock with the melodies of pop and heavy sound of metal since their beginnings. They perform every live concert at a high level and have always exceeded my expectations in a concert setting. In essence, Coheed is a perfect band for nerds, musicians, rock fans and just about anyone else under the sun.

8. Edward J. Hopkins

September 3, 2014 at 11:03 am

Simply put, they are and always have been, f’ing amazing. I have been listening to them since 2001, and will continue to do so, until the day I die. From underground to the top, they remain true to their fans, such as myself, by not altering their style. Which is what many other bands do, once they change labels, and achieve a certain level of fame. They did not change to appease the record executives, but kept to their roots, and continued to progress, musically, with their never-ending story. To sum the band, and their music up, in one word…EPIC!
    Sorry, for babbling, but I love this band…always have, always will.

9. Michael Kaurene

September 3, 2014 at 3:05 pm

In my own words, Coheed and Cambria is not only a great band, they are my favorite band. What makes them great is there instrumental talent, impressive story telling ability and passion for music. They have not stopped putting music out since before Second Stage, as Shabuti, and Claudio is always creating new stories and music for Coheed as well as Prize Fighter Inferno. Coheed is also a great band because they put on an incredible show that never disappoints.

Furthermore, the stories that go behind the lyrics to the songs are incredible. Year of the Black Rainbow was one of the best books I’ve ever read.

10. Andrew

September 3, 2014 at 4:07 pm

The one thing that defines coheed most is no fear. No fear to tread from hardcore to soft moments, ebbs and flows of music that is so purely their own you can recognize it blindly from first riff.
    Their originality is astounding while still paying homage to their idols. They don’t attempt to be pompous or have their “message” be more important than the music they so lovingly craft. That’s always the most important part, the music. Gorgeous riffs, soaring backup, bass lines that make the bass a lead instrument and timing signatures that make you stop and think “how do they come up with this”
    My coheed is a force to be reckoned with, a band that will stand the test of time

11. Joanne

September 3, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Claudio’s Vocals, Travis’s smooth guitar, Josh’s spunky drums and Zack’s dreamy bass! Add sci fi concept and unbeatable fan base loyalty/live show = Perfection!!!

12. nicole aldinger

September 3, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Hair. It’s all in the hair.

13. Kyle

September 3, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Their progressive, unique sound had made them stand the test the time.

14. Cristoffer Massi

September 3, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Me + you = Coheed&Cambria

15. Sean Duffy

September 4, 2014 at 12:28 am

Claudio’s vocals and the sheer musicality of the whole band gets into my blood. The breadth of sound in their catalog is incredible, from hard to pop to ballad. I can never get enough of Coheed!

16. Janelle Hartman

September 4, 2014 at 12:51 am

Coheed and Cambria amazing sounds and unique concepts science fiction concepts behind the music are absolutely outstanding. Claudio and his artistic abilities in creating the story lines to accompany the songs take my breath away. I listen to Coheed on a daily basis and am in the process of obtaining all the comic books that accompanies all their amazing music plus any other work that Claudio participates including all his comics books and other music projects he has participated in!! I love Coheed and Cambria!! Shabutie!! 🙂

17. Kyle Moran

September 4, 2014 at 4:24 am

You cannot fit Coheed into a specific genre. Claudio takes Pete Townsend’s design for concept album and turned it into concept career. Brilliant.

18. Jonathan hammock

September 4, 2014 at 10:31 am

Coheed and Cambria is the greatest band of all time. Standing out from the rest with their sound and music that brings the Amory Wars to life.

19. Brad

September 4, 2014 at 2:43 pm

all the awesome metal riffs

20. Jamey Kilgannon

September 4, 2014 at 5:47 pm

It’s the story that captivates me. It’s their creativity when combining music with concept that makes them great. That’s why I’ll always love you My Pearl of the stars.

21. nicole aldinger

September 4, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Sweet,sweet metal hair.

22. David Hackenberger

September 5, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Coheed and Cambra’s depth of story, incredible vocal range, and phenomenal sound is all stemming from one man’s genius: Claudio Sanchez. But one word describes why I love them the most – transmedia. The comics are an incredible bridge into Coheed and Cambra’s world, a world that no sci-fi fan should miss.

23. Keegan

September 5, 2014 at 4:46 pm

All the comments are AWESOME!! A couple more hours to go!

My two cents (I’ll try not to sound repetitive as many of you hit the nail on the head as to why they’re so incredible)- The difference for me between the first time I heard Coheed and any other band I had heard at the time was the voice. Not how high pitched it was or “how much he sounds like a girl” (I still don’t get that, you can clearly discern gender regardless of pitch). No, for me, it’s the passion Claudio sings with. The way some of his yells will become screams in the moment, the little whisper he goes to for certain songs, the difference between his acoustic ballads and his full blown rockers…that’s Coheed. Passion and emotion, and it’s there in droves. There’s nothing fake about this band, at all. What you see (or hear) is what you get, and it’s all good.